If you have any questions or would like more information about home inspections please Contact Us.
Buying a home may well be the largest financial investment you will ever make. Naturally you will want to know as much as possible about the property before you finalize the purchase at closing.
[Home Inspections] It's important to hire a knowledgeable, independent home inspector for advice on the overall condition of the property, Contact Us and we will put you in touch with a trusted professional. The purchase contract usually requires specific time periods for each inspection, and it's critical that these time frames be met. Usually the cost for any and all inspections and re-inspections are paid by the Buyer. Prices can range from $350 to $500 for whole-house inspections.
Some examples of common inspections are:
- Structural - Defects caused by poor construction, soil movement, water or drainage conditions, settlement, fire, etc.
- Environmental Hazards - Including asbestos, lead-based paint, radon gas or any other toxic material.
- Roof - Can include framing members, decking and shingle condition.
- EMP - Electrical, Mechanical and Plumbing - Should include electrical and plumbing systems, built-in appliances, heating and cooling systems, swimming pool/spas, sprinkler systems and security systems.
- Septic and Wood Burning Systems - Ask if your inspector is licensed to conduct septic and WETT inspections.
Many companies specialize in only one area of inspection, and others will group several together and offer a package price. Whichever route you go, assure yourself you're getting the inspections you need. Many can be found in the yellow pages or Contact Us and we can provide a list of several of each to choose from.